Ahhh… the weekend. It ‘technically’ starts that moment you step outside of work on Friday night, or have that first sip of wine on Friday afternoon.
Here’s the thing, I have no idea what to do with weekends. I need them, oh gosh, do I need them to turn my batteries off and recharge, but I don’t really have the hang of that!
My week, which you can read about here, is intense and fast-paced on a regular basis. My weekends are usually the exact opposite and I have no idea how to transition from one to the other.
So, I end up doing things like:
- re-decoationg any and all rooms of the house
- dragging Brian to Ikea or Target to ‘shop’ for ideas and bring home too large pieces of furniture
- developing unrealistic business plans
Here’s what sometimes works for me/what I am trying to do:
- Turn off the alarm. Sleep. As much as needed.
- Pick one project per weekend to complete from start to finish (this is poor Brian’s suggestion)
- Stick to the same kind of meal plan/schedule (this is important for me, because I was eating a ton of crap and having a hard time getting back on track on Monday AM!).
- Stick to the week workout routine. I’m a little more relaxed with this- dog walks around the neighborhood replace treadmill time, but I try and fit in the same amount of exercise time (if not more!) on Saturday and Sunday
- Try and let the little stuff go! Again, huge for me, because I’m always finding ‘one more thing’ to do before I sit down to relax!
- Make time for ‘week prep’- planning next week’s meals and any schedule/work issues that might come up.
- And, make time for fun. With the hubby. It could be something as easy as enjoying a leisurely dinner on the deck, or a morning at the beach. Make it happen,
How do you make time to relax and recharge on the weekends?
HAHA, reading this post makes me sound uptight, stressed, and in need of a little ‘loosening up’. It’s probably true.
Anyway, I’m off to finish a cup of coffee, some stitching and then tackle my creative project for the weekend! And, wait for the hubby to get home from work to enjoy a relaxed dinner out on the deck with some playing in the garden.
What are your plans?
Check back tomorrow for my needlepoint progress update from the week and my projects rotation for next week!
Did you follow all the drama on FB or Twitter ~2 weeks ago, when we had to rush Cruzan into surgery for a large gash on his leg?
Here’s the patient, stitches removed yesterday and he is a HAPPY dog!
Going home to rest on the couch (oh wait, that’s what he does all day every day!)
Also, our friend Dave helped out friends this week, by adopting their cat after their son developed allergies!
So, here’s a ‘shout out’ to webmaster/personal photographer/ travel agent/ dear friend Dave, for having a heart of gold (hint: we’ve always suspected this!)!